Friday, May 24, 2013

Pink Trees


"Pink Trees" by Nancy Minter. Oil on canvas. 24" w x 18" h.


Done a year ago spring, this painting was my first "multiple tree" attempt. I got the perspective, but the background was surprisingly hard to figure out. Should it be solid? Just more grass going off into the distance? Finally I decided on a few ghost trees to create the sense of space. Colors ranged from Alizarin to paled cadmium reds. Look for Pink Trees at Art By The Falls.


A shot from last year's Art By the Falls.

Art By The Falls runs June 8th and 9th in Riverside Park, Chagrin Falls, Ohio. Artists come from all over the country and the talent is amazing! I'm honored to have been selected for this juried show. It's my first! You can find me in Booth #58.



















No comments:

Post a Comment