Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Getting Ready for Art By The Falls

Apparently it isn't enough to paint. Or draw. You've got to:
•  Go thrifting to find frames. (Six bucks for a frame with mat and glass?! I'm in.) 
• Clean the frames. Repair the frames. Touch-up the frames. (Maybe they should have cost $3)
• Cut the mats. Size the drawings. Assemble it all. Realize you forgot to sign the drawing.
• Start over. 
And then there's the paintings:
• Maybe that background needs to change.
• Touchup on aisle three!
• I know I signed this painting somewhere ...
And then there's the booth itself:
• I need zip ties
• I need "s" hooks
• I need tarps for if it rains
• What if the trellis walls won't stay standing?
• Remember the hammer
• I have to have a vendor's license? A transient vendor's license?
And then there's everything else:
• Wear black so you don't detract from the work (really - on a hot summer day?)
• Candy and water at the booth will make you look friendly (oh good)
• You need a square for credit card purchases
• Make sure you have money (in case someone actually buys a painting)
• You need business cards
• You need social media
• You need to have your head examined!!

I could go on, but it might depress me. The adventure begins at 10 am on June 8th and lasts until 5 pm on June 9th. I'll be there -- in black -- with my paintings and drawings and candy and water and business cards -- to see what the world thinks of nancyminterartist. 

Hope to see you there.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment